Bow Ties: Make a Statement with These Mens Fashion Accessories in Milwaukee
When it comes to mens fashion accessories, it’s the bow tie that will always be in style. With designers such as Carrott & Gibbs and Edward Armah, it’s not hard to see why. But instead of purchasing one of the pre-tied styles, take the time to learn how to tie your own. Trust us, it’s the difference between a frozen dinner, and a gourmet homemade meal. Here’s how to do it.
- Start by laying the tie flat around your neck, under the collar of your shirt. Make sure that the right side is a bit longer than the left (about 1.5 inches.)
- Then cross the right side over the left side so that the tie is snug against your neck, but still leaves you a bit of room to work with. If there’s too much room around the neck however, your tie will end up hanging down your chest rather than sitting nicely around the neck.
- Loop the longer end through the loop you’ve made close to your neck, using a simple overhand knot. If the tie needs to be tightened at all, this is the time to do it.
- There should now be an end that slightly dangles and is underneath the other end of the tie. Throw the piece on top over your shoulder to get it out of the way, and then take the dangling end and bring it up parallel to the portion of the tie around your neck. Then hold that fold, as it will form the front loop you’ll need for the tie.
- Bring the portion of the tie over your shoulder back to the front of your shirt and ensure it lines up with the front of the bow. Take the left and right sides of the folded end and pinch them together using one hand. The part of the tie that’s still dangling should now be held between those two ends.
- Grab hold of the middle portion of the part still dangling and slip it through the knot you already made.
- Then just grasp the two sides of the tie, and the two halves, and pull as tightly as is comfortable.
That’s it, you’re done! And now, you’ll be wearing a tie that boasts your personality with just one glance. Give it a try, and then come in and see us at Harleys to check out our huge selection of bow ties!